Monday 26 March 2012

Calling All Australian Parents with Special Needs Children

In my previous post, I spoke about my conversation with Mr Peter McLean from FaHCSIA. He informed me that annually there are 100 infants Australia wide, who's parents qualify for Carer Payment. To quote "hopefully there aren't others that need it".

It's been almost a week since we spoke and I am STILL waiting for him to provide an example of an infant who would qualify. Is it that hard to figure out which boxes to tick that add up to the magical 85 points?

I have had so many people contact me in various ways and told me of their personal struggles qualifying for Carer Payments. I am urging you to contact me again at infantsspecialneeds@gmail.com, and I will forward these stories to Mr McLean. Your message can be as long or short as you like.

If you don't have any personal experience, can you please share this blog post, so that as many people as possible have the opportunity to speak up?

Even if the legislation is eventually changed, it will be too late to help us. However, I don't want other parents to be in the same predicament. It's hard enough, having a child with special needs without having to fight so damn hard for assistance.

We all know that there are far more than 100 infants in Australia with 'significant additional needs', I just need to prove it.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment