Sunday 19 June 2011

Maxwell Hendrix Valentine is born



Maxwell Hendrix Valentine came into the world on the 22nd of March, 2011 at 734pm. He weighed 8pd10oz which was far less then the doctors had predicted. I had never been interested in having babies and can't say that I was excited when I initially discovered I was pregnant. The day I found out I was expecting, there was a homicide right across the road from our house. Not sure if this was a sign of things to come. I didn't enjoy being pregnant and I certainly didn't enjoy childbirth as both my epidurals failed and I felt everything! But holding that precious little boy in my arms that first time I felt so overwhelmed by the love I felt. Max slept almost the whole time we were in the hospital, we thought we had an 'easy baby'. My mum jokes that Max stole the epidural from me and that's why he was so sleepy. Taking him home from the hospital was one of the scariest days of my life. I thought it was strange that they just let you walk out the door with your baby. Shouldn't there be a test or something that you have to pass first?! Once we got home I was terrified of anything happening to my little boy. I was scared to fall asleep in case he suffocated or stopped breathing. When he finally 'woke up' around day 3, we knew we had a livewire on our hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment